Tuesday, December 29

Pink Guitar

When did the opening line of 'wanna f***" become a suitable pick up for men to use on women? Not once or twice, but three times has this happened tonight to me in the course of four non-consec hours checking facebook. Yes, these were complete strangers that added me and I accepted, but whatever happened to foreplay or I don't know... something as cliche and passe as introducing yourself?! I know I'm not going to meet my soul mate through internet dating, but come on is a little common decency and lack of raunch too much to ask? Yes, I like this sometimes, but not this blunt. I'm sorry boys, but the entire enticement of the cowboy is that he made me wait and work for a little dirty talk. Now, I can't get him to shut up. Problem 2.
Problem 3 lonely boy is back with the ex. Again. Leaving my back up plan to go down the toilet.
Problem 4 the engaged mormon is MIA for the gazillionth time, not that I still care or so I tell myself. Even if I do still check every form of communication in hopes that he tries to make some sort of human contact...
Problem 5 it is has been goodness knows how long since I've had a cigarette. The opened pack of temptation hidden in my car dashboard is literally screaming at me!
Problem 6 I am trying to update my iPod touch. May need to break down and buy one with bigger memory... we've had a good two years, but now I have accumulated too much.
Problem 7 No New Years Eve date... single girl again at midnight? Shit. No kiss? No chance. Fuck. Will most likely stay home like some Bridget Jones Pre-Mark and prick Daniel lonely spinister with closest thing to cat, Maggey the dog. Oh and family... nothing like ringing in the new year with wii marathons, my mom and aunt, and my three non-biological relatives. Another bloody year, another bloody new start.
So today I got up at 6... in the morning! I had to take Joyce to the doctors. It still seems crazy that Ashley isn't here. I could feel her with us all day. I'm glad I could be there for her. I'm going to lose it if someone tells me again how brave I've been through this whole thing and if he doesn't finally remember to call and check on me...
Oh and btw... in love with the new song 'Pink Guitar' by the fabbbbbbbbbbby Reba. The lyrics were literally written for me... they had to be!
Speaking of guitars... the new black electric with the pearl design is amazing! My fingers are killing me!

Verse 1:
She saw it in the window, just a callin’ out her name.
She mowed the grass, took out the trash and saved, saved, saved.
She bought it on a Monday, had a gig on Friday night.
In the garage, in front of her mom, she came alive!

Chorus:
She likes to play, she loves to rock.
Yeah, she's closer to the bottom but she's headed for the top.
She's got a dream to be a star dressed in black like Johnny Cash, with a pink guitar.

Verse 2:
No, she didn't go to college, she just up and hit the road.
Where ever they were jamming she would go go go.
And every single hole in the wall from here to Shreveport, she’d have them in the palm of her hands, screamin’ for more!

Chrous:
She likes to play, she loves to rock!
Yeah, she's closer to the bottom but she's headed for the top.
She's got a dream to be a star dressed in black like Johnny Cash, with a pink guitar.

Some day you’re gonna see her up there on the Opry stage.
And soon you’ll see her hanging there, next to Minnie Pearl's hat, in the country music hall of fame.

She likes to play, she loves to rock!
She's got a dream to be a star.

Chrous:
She likes to play, she loves to rock!
Yeah, she's closer to the bottom but she's headed for the top.
She's got a dream to be a star dressed in black like Johnny Cash, with a pink guitar.

I said a pink guitar.
Oh she’s playin' a pink guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment