Wednesday, April 14

Contemplation is overrated...

If you knew what was happening tomorrow, would you hold me?
If you knew everything I went through today, would you grab me and kiss me?
If you knew all of the things that I had been keeping from you, would you stay?
Will you remain, after everything.
I want to tell you, but I can't.
I try and fail.
I end up hiding behind a happy face.
When will I face up to the reality we're facing?
We probably won't make it until the end.
We will never get our happily ever after, because that's not how things go.
We aren't destined for meant to be.
So why, do I keep fighting for you and me?
I want to tell you. I really do, but I don't want you to feel compelled.
Tomorrow could tell me a lot of things.
One question, unanswered, am I meant for you.
I'm nervous and going through everything alone.
I should say it aloud, to get it off my chest.
You should be here with me as I get those answers I've been waiting for...

No comments:

Post a Comment